Saturday, May 11, 2013

Paint or Paint App? Value of Creating Digital Vs. Traditional Art | MindShift

Paint or Paint App? Value of Creating Digital Vs. Traditional Art | MindShift:
This is a really interesting article. One quote really stood out for me:
(Says one teacher,) “Not all young students are interested in utilizing technology to make their art,” she said. “There can be much resistance in my classroom when we work on an art project that is going to be produced using Photoshop. I explain to my students that these are just alternative tools, and like any other tool, you can create something digitally that would be impossible to create by hand. Conversely, you can create something by hand that you cannot replicate digitally.”
It made me think of other areas (like writing) where we may insist on using technology (keyboarding instead of hand writing), without perhaps providing and choice or thinking through what we get and lose by these choices.
'via Blog this'

No comments: