Friday, October 5, 2007

One Teacher's Digital World

Thanks to this article from Education Week's Digital Directions, which is an introduction to the use of wikis by teachers, I found this class/teacher wiki. Ms. D., the teacher, has used the wiki has a bit of a mission statement:

The learning community in Mrs. D's classroom will use this collaborative space to connect with each other and create the tools we will use to construct our understanding of the forces that have worked throughout history to shape our world.

There are links to Ms. D.'s class blog (powered by Class Blogmeister) and her class podcast, where students are producing podcasts that supplement their study of World War II.

This teacher and these students are really living that mission statement.

Very inspiring!

1 comment:

cliotech said...

Thanks for the feedback.

You can access my class wiki for the classes I am currently teaching at http://onlineconnections.wikispaces.com/.

I am also blogging with my students on a private Ning network instead of using class blogmeister this year.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.